- Continuous rating input: 750 W
- Wheel diameter: 125 mm (5")
- Hole diameter: 12.7 mm (1/2")
- No load speed: 5,600 rpm
- Dimensions: 59 cm x 18.9 cm x 11.6 cm (23-1/4" x 7-7/16"" x 4-9/16")
- Net weight: 5 kg (11.1 lbs)
- Power supply cord: 2.5 meters (8.2 feet)
- Light weight with large soft grip reduce operator's fatigue.
- Suitable RPM and design for a long time heavy grinding work.
- Ergonomically designed barrel with rubberized cover.
- The 5” Straight Grinder, model GS5000, features an elongated body design with straight grinding wheel position and is engineered for applications in hard-to-reach spaces. It is ideal for metal grinding, paint and rust removal, ship and yard maintenance, steel grinding and cutting, body work, smoothing weld beads, and more. The GS5000 is powered by a Makita-built 7 AMP motor with 5,600 RPM for demanding applications. The spiral bevel gears are engineered for smoother rotation and a more efficient transfer of energy. Convenience features include a “tool-less” guard cap removal for quick wheel changes, and externally accessible brushes for easier service-ability.
- The GS5000 has three key dust and debris defense features. Labyrinth construction is a series of channels engineered to capture dust and debris, and prevents contaminants from penetrating the gear box and main bearing. Makita’s unique “zig zag” application pattern is a more innovative option than simply covering the coils with epoxy, as the zig-zag pattern allows space for heat to escape, yet at the same time forms a solid barrier under rotation to prevent debris from attaching. The dust-sealed drive bearing is a spring-loaded metal seal that helps prevent dust and debris penetration.
- Max. Wheel Diameter :5"
- AMPS :7
- No Load Speed :5,600 RPM
- Spindle Thread :5/8" x 24 UNC
- Lock-On :No
- Lock-Off :Yes
- Overall Length :23-1/4"
- Net Weight :11.1 lbs.
- Power Type :Corded
- Variable speed control dial :No
- Shipping Weight :14.45 lbs.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- 1 x Makita GS5000 5" Straight Grinder 750W
- 1 x Makita hex wrench